There are so many different replacement window companies in the Madison area. From large well known companies to small one-man contractors. Finding a window company that will do the job right that installs quality products that will save you time and money in the long run might not be as easy as you think. One way to quickly determine if a replacement window company is right for you before you even pick up the phone and schedule an estimate is to look at the companies certifications. Here are some certifications to look for when searching for “Madison replacement window companies near me”:
BBB A+ Rating
- Respond to homeowners issues respectfully and with a resolution
- Must comply with the law
- Maintain good and reliable status for an extended period of time
- Businesses must be transparent about business practices
- Companies must have appropriate Wisconsin Licences
- Must appropriately advertise with the BBB
These steps are not as easy as you would think for some companies but for honest Madison window companies, this is easily achieved because it is already a part of their daily practices. An honest company will keep their license and insurance up to date and will openly communicate with the current, past, and future customers because they care about them and their reputation.
Google guarantee is a “newer” certification for Madison replacement window companies but it’s newness does not make it less relevant or important. Gaining a Google Guarantee status is slightly different from a BBB A+ rating because it focuses more on licenses and insurances over review status. Maintaining good reviews is important, but it is just as important for window contractors to continually have their licenses and insurances up to date and reviewed for accuracy. Here are the steps a replacement window company has to make to gain Google Guarantee status:
- Complete a background check
- Wisconsin Contractors license and insurance reviewed and submitted after expiration
- Submit a minimum of three 5 star customer reviews
AHT Wisconsin Windows was one of the first replacement window companies that gained Google Guarantee status.